Parents always want what’s best for their baby. In fact, we never stop wanting what’s best for our children no matter how old they get. This is especially true for new parents – we want the best crib, the best high chair, the best carrier. But when it comes to items that help insure our baby’s safety (formula, carseat, stroller), we want THE VERY BEST. These are the things parents are willing to spend the extra money on.
Make sure you are informed when it comes to renting or purchasing a fetal Doppler to use during pregnancy. In recent years there has been an increase of cheap fetal Dopplers available on the market. Many units have come from other countries such as China and Korea. There are many possible concerns with these types of products. Here are some considerations when you are looking to use a fetal Doppler on your unborn baby:
- Trust your doctor. There is a reason doctors are not using foreign Dopplers on your unborn baby. They are using professional, medical Dopplers – the same units carried by BabyBeat.
- When it comes quality, you get what you pay for. Cheaper is not always better. In fact, when it comes to using medical equipment on your unborn baby, you should be demanding quality and safety.
- Just because something says it’s safe, does not make it so. History has proven that many things cleared to be sold in the US did not prove to have the safety standards they claimed. Examples include Chinese made children’s toys with lead paint and Chinese made infant formula containing melamine.
- If a Doppler claims to be FDA approved, this is a false statement. The FDA only clears medical devices for use, it does not approve any medical device.
- Manufacturers in the US are inspected and regulated by the FDA. Often manufacturing processes in other countries fail to be inspected or controlled by the FDA.
BabyBeat has been in business for over 15 years renting and selling high quality medical-grade fetal Dopplers to parents to use at home. In fact, we were the very first company worldwide (yes, worldwide!) to offer Dopplers to parents. We carry only US made Dopplers from FDA regulated manufacturers. We adhere to all FDA quality control practices and procedures.
Don’t wait until after birth to start looking out for the well-being of your baby. Start today, with BabyBeat.